Extending the abilities of EngageIP and adding to its core functionality is often as simple as a page extension or a workflow. LogiSense provides many examples of code that you can plug-in to EngageIP to perform many different functions and can be easily customized to your organizations requirements.
Page Extension – At its basic level a script that runs on a specified page within EngageIP to affect forms on the page or add color to ticket lists or do other client side functions that enhance the ability and usability of EngageIP.
Workflows – A more advanced set of scripts that can be configured to trigger based off actions within the EngageIP interface or on a timed basis to perform some action either on a specific customer or on the database as a whole
Some examples of useful page extensions include the following:
- Pre-populate dropdown lists or text boxes in EngageIP
- Force specific dates or lock date fields when adding transactions
- Colourize tickets list to set high priority tickets to RED, and lower priority tickets to another colour
- Add iframe content to EngageIP – this is great for consolidating interfaces within one portal
- Generate notification pop ups to warn admin users of missing data or to follow-up with customers
Workflows / Actions
Some examples of useful workflows include the following:
- Provide the ability to provision out to an external system when an account is added
- Automate the sending of a ‘thank you’ letter on successful payment during billing
- Schedule database maintenance or reindexing
- Disable bill runs when billing has completed
- Auto enable a customer account on successful payment
- Provide invoice due reminders prior to billing (advance notice of invoice)
- Telecom usage alerts or notifications, automated sending of usage reporting – examples would include notifications to specific persons or emails when usage exceeds a specific amount in a specified period of time to control potential fraud issues or manage overages.